2012-08-11

Sao Paulo (off off Tokyo) : August 8, 2012
















I moved from Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paulo. The city was large, messy and energetic.


Sao Paulo is the largest city not only in Brazil but also in southern hemisphere. The city is splawling in every direction. I realized it when I saw the city from my plane.





Tall buildings stand around the domestic (Congonhas) airport. I felt as if the plane is landed through buildings.


The city’s traffic jam is famous. I realized it when I was packed long time in a car. It was messy. I was informed many business execitives go to their offices by helicopters. (Many buildings have heliports on their roofs.) 

Avenue Paulista is the main business street. Modern offices and commercial buildings stand along the street. There are also schools and cultural facilities. I saw many students waiting their buses sitting in the stairs in front of the school.


Sao Paul has less tourism resources than Rio. But I felt the city was more sophisticated than Rio.


I also walked Japanese and Asian towns in the Liberdade area. The town was old, but many Japanese and Asians were enjoying shopping and chattering there.





No comments:

Post a Comment