2012-08-11

New York (off off Tokyo) : August 10, 2012































I visited NY for the first time in 7 years. I have many new findings whenever I visit the city.

I walked up and down the streets along 5th and 6th Avenues in the morning. Business peoples were quickly walking to their offices. Tourists were wandering slowly and cheerfully. Residents were making their daily walks with their dogs.


U.S. flags were visible. They were flying in front of skyscrapers.


I could not help but feel "I am in the center of the world". Whether you like it or not, the US is a hegemon country and NY is the center of its prosperity.

The structure of the town is unchanged. But renovation were taking place everywhere (buildings, stores etc.)


I found far more Starbucks shops than seven years ago. I saw ZARA and H&M stores attracted many people than brand shops. Uniclo’s ads were in subway stations.


I saw many nail salons. Open-air market was set in the inner court of the Rockefeller Center and organic foods were sold.


The town looked safer and cleaner than seven years ago. Taxies were better.


People enjoyed jogging, cycling and walking with their dogs in the Central Park. The sounds of birds were heard. Huge rocks showed their faces in the ground. Droppings of horses were naturally on the roads. The skyscrapers over green trees were impressive. It is the scene of the Park.







No comments:

Post a Comment