2023-11-30

Kofu : Nov. 26, 2023

 


I visited Kofu City during my Koshu Kaido Walk.

Kofu is a capital of Yamanashi Prefecture with a population of about 190 thousand.


The city is also famous for Takeda Shingen, a ruler of this area in the 16th century. He is still popular and an icon of this area.

The Takeda family perished in 1582, about 10 years after his death.

His statue is places in front of the railway station.

 


The Takeda shrine was built in the place where Takeda’s castle was. (See also the top photo)

 


It was a season of shichi-go-san, Japan’s traditional ritual to cerebrate children’s growth, and I found many kids in traditional costumes.

 


I also visited the ruin of Kofu Castle (Maizuru Castle). The castle was built after the perishment of the Takeda family (after 1580s)/ (See the 2nd photo)

I could see a good view of Mt. Fuji from the castle. (See the 3rd photo)

 


Many buildings of public services – such as headquarters of Yamanashi Prefectural government and Kofu City office -- stand along a main street downing south from the railroad station.

I found the views of the mountains spread 360 degrees around the city,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment