2023-05-04

Koshu Kaido Walk (8) Uenohara(17/44)-Torisawa (20-21/44): May 4, 2023






I started today’s walk from Uenohara, the 17th shukuba station. The Koshu Kaido is now a shopping street.

Katsura River (upper part of Sagami River) flows south of the town. There used to be a port on the river and the place was busy in shipping out timbers and other products in the Edo era. 


Now the river has turned to an artificial lake and they do not have a commercial port at Uenohara.

 


I walked westward and arrived at Tsurukawa River. The water was clean.

 


Passing a bridge over Tsurukawa river, I walked moved in Tsurukawa, the 18th shukuba station.

 


There is a nursing house built in the place where shukuba’s center was. People can enjoy footbath in the facility.

 


I walked about 4 km through villages, agricultural fields and mountainous areas before arriving at Nodajiri, next shukuba station.

Cedar trees are planted along steep roads.


People have developed agricultural fields in a steep places along the Koshu Kaido.

Carp streamers were flying in the blue air in Okunugi district between Tsurukawa and Nodajiri. (See the 3rd photo)


I arrived in Nodajiri, the 19th shukuba station.

 


I saw beautiful agricultural fields in this area. Someone was flying in a hang glider over the fields. (See also the 2nd photo)

  


The Chuo Expressway has a famous Dangozaka service area in this area. I found many cars made lines to enter the area, where many commercial facilities attract people. The photo shows many cars were in the parking places.

 


I walked up hilly road and arrived at Inume, the 20th shukuba station. This place was developed from scratch to build a shukuba station in the Edo era.

 


We can enjoy the beautiful scenes of Mt. Fuji from Inume area if the weather is fine. 

I cound see mountain, but it was vague as there were light clouds over the sky. (See also the top photo)


The leaves of thetrees were flesh. Birds were singing and the butterflies were flying. I enjoyed my walk in the mountain.


I entered Totisawa shukuba stations (21st and 22nd stations). Both station locate within 500 meters and were used as a set in the Edo era.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment