2023-05-03

Koshu Kaido Walk (7) Yose (14/44)-Uenohara(17/44): May 3, 2023


 

I resumed my Koshu Kaido Walk after an interval of about 10 years.

I walked the first part of the Koshu Kaido, which linked Tokyo’s Nihonbashi and Shimosuwa (in Nagano Prefecture), in the early 2010s. Total distance is about 210 km. It goes through Tokyo, Kanagawa, Yamanashi and Nagano prefectures.

Most parts I walked ten years ago was in Tokyo Prefecture and in flat places.

 


Today’s walk was in Kanagawa and Yamanashi prefectures.

The Koshu Kaido goes westward along Lake Sagami (Sagamiko) in this area. (See also the top photo)

Lake Sagami is an artificial lake developed in 1947 with the completion of Sagami Dam on Sagami River.


It also should be remarked that the Koshu Kaido goes through mountainous in today’s course. 

The photo was taken between Yose, the14th shukuba station and today's start, and Yoshino, the 15th station. 

 


I started today’s walk from JR Sagamiko station. Yose, the 14th shukuba station located in this area.

I saw Lake Sagami just below the Koshu Kaido.

 


The Koshu Kaido was converted to Route 20 in some part. The Koshu Kaido, the JR Chuo Line and the Chuo Expressway run parallel in some areas. (see also the 3rd photo)

The roads runs along the lake in some parts.


Walking the mountainous road about 4km, I arrived at Yoshino, the 15th shukuba station.

There is a monument of the main guest house in the Edo.

 


An traditional house was preserved as a museum today.

 


The scene of the lake from the house was beautiful. There used to flow narrower river in the Edo era.

 

I moved westward and arrived at Fujino area. The area is famous for its yuzu (small citrus fruit) and cultural activities.

Many artworks are displayed in the towns. These birds are located at the side of Benten Bridge. (See also the 2nd photo. It is a scene of Lake Sagami from the bridge).

 


I arrived in Sekino, the 15th shukuba station. Some monuments remain.

 


I walked westward and arrived at the border between Kanagawa and Yamanashi prefectures. There is a bridge The Sakaigawa Bridge at the side od the border. This is a scene of Lake Sagami from the bridge.

 


I moved in Uenohara City in Yamanashi Prefecture, I saw Suwa shrine and other monuments before arriving at Uenohara shukuba, the 17th station.

 


I walked down steep road to Uenohara railway station (It is a river-terrace landscape). Lake Sagami was behind.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment