2019-10-24

London: Oct. 22-24, 2019




I made my regular visit to London. It was when the political developments around Brexit were in the last stage with the latest deadline date scheduled on Oct. 31.

PM Boris Johnson and the EU leaders agreed on the new condition of Brexit in the EU summit on Oct. 17 in Brussels. (A plan to place Northern Ireland in different position from the rest of the U.K. to avoid hard border between Northern Ireland and the Ireland republic). The adoption of the agreement in the U.K. Parliament is still unclear as of Oct. 24.

I found both pro-Brexit and anti-Brexit groups appealing their positions in front of the parliament. (See also the top photo)

Many of them were old persons, perhaps partially because it was a business day.

There were many Union Jack along with the U.N. flags in the Parliament Square. The statue of Winston Churchill (as well as Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and other great figures) is placed in the square.

London was attractive and energetic as ever, I found.

The Westminster Bridge was crowded with tourists as usual.

I got the impression that the number of Chinese tourists continued increasing.

The city is also changing rapidly.

The number of skyscrapers has increased in the City district in the last few years.

I was lucky as I was welcomed by a nice weather this time. I could take good photos of the metropolis from the plane.

The photo shows the landscape around the Westminster. The towns spread around the Big Ben and the London Eye.

The 2nd photo from the top shows the River Thames, the the City district and the neighboring areas.

This shows the Canary Warf and the Olympic Park.

I also took a photo of windmill generators I the mouth of the Thames. (on Oct. 17). (see also the 3rd photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment