2016-09-14

Sumo@Ryogoku:September 11, 2016



Many Japanese people sometimes go to sumo tournament. I am one of them.

I went to kokugikan or sumo hall in Ryogoku to see the first day of the autumn tournament.

Flags were raised along the street from JR Ryogoku rilway station to Kokugikan. 


I saw many people walking to the hall. Others were waiting the sumo wrestlers coming in. There were many foreign tourists.

I watched sumo from a box seat in the ground floor. Each box has four seats. We can enjoy foods and drinks there while watching the matches. It was my first such experience.

Families enjoyed not only the sumo tournament but also the foods and the atmosphere of the event.

Sumo wrestlers made big sound when they crashed in the fights. The color of their skins turned as they played the matches.

There were ceremonies of the first day including the speech of the president of Sumo Association.


People went out swiftly when the matches were finished.


Outside the building, the dram was played at the top of the tower. 


I really enjoyed the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment