2013-08-21

Hiking @ Canadian Rockies (off off Tokyo): August 18-23, 2013

































It was fantastic to hike in the Canadian Rockies.

I had few walks during my stay in here. The hikings include: 

** A hiking from Lake Louise to Lake Agnes

I left Lake Louise, which is 1536 meter high, and walked into a trail through the woods of needle-leaf trees (such as fir trees). I met many animals and birds including squirrels and wood peckers.






The trail became steeper as I moved up. The trees disappeared and rocky fields spread around me when I came to 2000 meter high from the sea level.

I arrived at a small lake called "Mirror Lake" after about two hours walk.







With another 30 minutes walk, I arrived at Lake Angus, which is 2135 meter high. The lake was surrounded by mountains. The water as well as the air was clean. 

There were many pika or whistling hares in the area. Their high-pitched voices were impressive. 




**A hiking from Lake Louise to Plain of Six Glaciers


The hiking started from Lake Louise. I walked about 20 minutes along a flat lakeside walkway. There were many tourists walking there. Some of them were with their dogs.











I moved into a mountain trail. The trail went through the woods, grass-covered plain, and rocky steep place. People went up the mountain not only by foot, but also on a horse. 

Walkers and riders often crossed each other in the pass. There were many sign boards which showed the ways for walkers and for riders. 


As I went up, Victoria Glaciers, Lefroy Glaciers and other glaciers came near. It was impressive.





There was a tea house at about 2000 meter-high place. Combination of white glaciers, gray rocks, and green fields
was impressive.







** A hiking along Bow River, Banff


I had a walk along Bow River in Banff. It was easy. The trail as well as the wood was well kept up.


No comments:

Post a Comment