2013-08-21

Animals @ Canadian Rockies (off off Tokyo): August 18-23, 2013

















I saw many animals during my stay in the Canadian Rockies.

I visited Mt. Whitehorn near Lake Louise. It is a famous sky resort in the winter and a nice sightseeing spot in the summer season. I moved up to the top area by a gondola.

Grizzlies frequent here. I unfortunately miss it (miss the opportunity to see it from mu gondola, not to meet in the trail while walking ^^;). Instead, I met other animals and birds.

A elk deer appeared from a wood and ate grasses in the field.




There were many alpine plants. Flowers were beautiful. 
.

There were stuffed animals and other exhibitions in the interpretation center there. They include coyote, grizzly, cougar, wolf, deer and many birds.









I met many pika or whistling hares in the mountains when I was walking there. Their high-pitched sounds were impressive.









Squirrels were everywhere. I saw in the mountains while hiking and in the towns.









People were with their animals in Banff. Small and big dogs were found everywhere. A family played a performance with their pig. 



No comments:

Post a Comment