2013-05-02

Tokaido Walk(23)Toyohashi-Akasaka: April 29, 2013






















I continued my Tokaido Walk from Yoshida (Toyohashi City), the 34th Shukuba station, through Goyu to Akasaka, the 36th.

I walked westwards about 10 kilometers. There were “ordinal scenes” of Japan along the street in the area. I saw residential houses, factories, shops as well as agricultural fields during my walk.


I arrived in Goyu, the 35th street. It was a small shukuba station. Old fashion buildings remained in the area.

There lie famous lines of pine trees in the west of Goyu station. It is called “Goyu pine trees”. Nearly 300 pine trees are planted along the street. About 90 trees were planted in the Edo era. The row continued about 600 meters.



I arrived in Akasaka shukuba station within 15 minites after leaving Goyu pine trees. Old atmosphere also remains here. There is an old inn named “Ohashiya”. It has received guests since the Edo era.





No comments:

Post a Comment