2013-05-26

Koshu Kaido Walk (5) Hino-Hachioji: May 26, 2013
















I had my first Koshu Kaido walk this year. It was from Hino to Hachioji.


I started today’s walk from Hino, a city about 40 km west from central Tokyo. Hino Motor’s headquarters (and main factory) locates at the side of Koshu Kaido. Other factories including Konika Minolta’s are also in the area.


I crossed Asakawa River, one of Tamagawa River’s branches, and moved into Hachioji shukuba station. Hachioji was one of largest shukuba stations in Koshu Kaido in the Edo era. Only a few monuments remain today.


Most of old Koshu Kaido has converted into Nationa Route 20. Gingko trees are planted at the sides of the road.


I moved westward to Takao area. Mt. Takao and other mountains came in sight. Koshu Kaido goes into mountain area west of Takao. It is about 50 km from Nihonbashi.






No comments:

Post a Comment