2012-09-09

Sri Lanka Festival@ Yoyogi Park: Spt. 8, 2012
















It is still hot in Tokyo, but the season is changing into autumn.

The sun moves lower now than summer. The leaves of some trees started to fall. The cicada sounds are not so laud as summer days.


I visited Yoyogi Park to see Sri Lanka Festival. Tens of curry restaurant as well as tea, pepper and fork craft shops were open.

There were thousands of Japanese, but I also found many Sri Lankan as well as Indians (and maybe Pakistanis and Bangladeshis) there.

Indian (and Sri Lankan, Pakistani and Bangladeshi) foods are becoming more and more popular in Japan.


I usually do not pay attention to the difference between Indian, Sri Lankan, Pakistani and Bangladeshi restaurant.


Today, I recognized it is Sri Lankan.
The taste was modified so as to fit Japanese people. I enjoyed it.

Local dance and other performances were played. A PR balloon was floating over the festival site.



No comments:

Post a Comment