2012-01-03

Yoyogi Hachiman Shrine: Jan 03, 2012
















I usually visit shrine in one of the new-year days (It is called Hatsumoude). This year, I visited Yoyogi Hachiman Shrine.

Visitors had made a long line to make their prays to the main shrine when I arrived there.

Japanese calligraphy works by elementary school boys and girls were displayed in the garden. I looked at the works when I was waiting in the line. The phrases written in the works (assigned by the teachers) included: Revival of soil snd Green land – both reflect people's hope of recovery from the quake disaster and nuclear accident.


Millions of Japanese visit shrines in new-year season. The ranking of the visitors is estimated as follows:


1. Meiji Jingu shrine (Tokyo)

2. Narita-san (Chiba)

3. Kawasaki Daishi (Kanagawa)

4. Fushimi Inari Shrine (Kyoto)

5. Asakusa Shrine (Tokyo)

No comments:

Post a Comment