2024-09-17

Koshi Kaido Walk (16) Daigahara(41/45)-Tsutaki(43/45): Sept.15, 2024




The summer of 2024 was extremely hot. Now, it is the middle of September and the heat is slightly easing. I had my Koshu Kaido walk (part 16).


I started Digahara, the 41st shukuba station from Tokyo's Nihonbashi. Many traditional buildings are preserved here as I wrote in this blog in April. Shichiken Brewery is one of the most impressive spots in Daigahara.


Koshi Kaido goes along rice and vegetable fields.


This area is near from the Southern Alps mountains and produces good water. There is a factory of Suntory beverage manufacturer in Hokuto City. They produce drinking water, whisky and other beverage products. I found a sign board to the factory.


I arrived at Kyoraishi, the 42nd shukuba station. It was a small shukuba station and few shukuba-related facilities have preserved.


There remains a big stone in a cemetery in a temple nearby. The stone is an origin of the shukuba statin's name.


It was rice harvesting season. I saw many farmers working hard.


The rice fields in this area lie in along Kanamanashi River. There are mountains over the river. The fields were brown when harvesting had been over and were green when it had not been. The scene was beautiful. (See also the top and 2nd photos)


Walking 3-4 km from Kyoraishi, I arrived at the border between Yamanashi and Nagano Prefectures. I finished walking about 110 km in Yamanashi Prefecture. There are 25 shukuba stations there.


Walking about 1km, I arrived at Tsutaki, the 43re shukuba from Nihonbashi and the first in Nsagano Prefecture.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment