2024-04-30

Koshi Kaido Walk (14) Kofu-Nirasaki: (39/45-40/45): April 26, 2024



 


I resumed my Koshi Kaido Walk. Today’s walk was from Kofu, the 39th sukuba station from Nihonbashi, to Nirasaki, the 40th. The distance was about 14km.

I enjoyed good views of Mr. Fuji from several point.

 


My first good view of Mt. Fuji was from Arakawabashi Bridge, near central Kofu.

 


Then, I arrived at Yamanashi Prefectural Museum of Art, which is about 3km from central Kofu. There is a “Big Apple” object in the garden. The combination of Mt. Fuji and the Big Apple was impressive. (See the 2nd photo)

The museum holds many western masterpieces incluging Millet's "the Gleaners." 


I arrived in Kai City. Kamanashi River flows along Koshu Kaido in this area.

Takeda Shingen, a famous ruler of the area in the 16th century, introduced various flood control measures including river banks, in Kamanashi River area.


The area is now called Shingen Zutsumi. I saw Yatsugatake volcanic mountains over Kamanashi River.

 


Traditional atmosphere remains in some parts of Koshu Kaido. The photo was taken in Futaba area of Kai City.

 

I passed Shiokawa Bridge and enter into Nirasaki City. Mt. Fuji was beautiful from the bridge. (See the top photo)

 


Koshu Kaido is now a shopping street in Nirasaki.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment