2015-04-03

High-school baseball @ Koshien (off Tokyo): March 29, 2015









I went to Koshien baseball stadium in Nishinomiya, near Osaka, to see a high-school baseball game and shout out for my old school. 

It was a quarterfinal game of the Spring National Baseball Tournament (official name is “The National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament”, which nobody knows) or “Senbatsu” tournament.

It was my first visit to the stadium in 41 years. The last visit was to see the Summer National Tournament. 

I found that the facilities as well as the mood of the stadium had changed a lot.

It was rainy. We watched the game in rain coats or with umbrellas. The game stopped when the rain was heavy. Ground keepers worked hard to restart the game.

There were part-time students selling beer. The sales was … terrible.

The fortune was not upon us. However, my juniors played a good game. I hope today’s game would become a good step towards summer tournament.

I had a good time. Thanks, my high school juniors.




No comments:

Post a Comment