2013-03-10

Haze in Tokyo:March 10, 2013





















Weather changes rapidly at this season this year.


We had a nice and hot morning today. The temperature went up to about 25 degree at 1:00 pm in Tokyo.


After an hour, it turned to haze (a phenomenon where dust, smoke and other small particles float in the air). The temperature went down by about 10 degree in an hour.


The scene from my apartment suddenly turned unclear. The lower part of the sky was gray. The upper part was clearer. I could not see the building 2-3 kilometers from my house.
The difference is clear when today’s picture is compared with one taken in a fine day.


I first thought it was Asian dust. It was reported that the yellow sands flow from China to western Japan today, but not to Tokyo.
I refrained from walking outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment