2013-01-14

Shichi-fukujin @Yanaka:Jan. 13, 2013






























Following yesterday, I made another Shichi-fukujin visit. It was in Yanaka area.


Information on Shichi-fukujin is on Jan. 12, 2013 post. Yanaka Shichi-fukujin is the oldest in Tokyo.


I started my walk from JR Tabata station. People attached red papers onto the statues guardian gods in Togakuji Temple. It is believed to be helpful to heal sick of the people. The temple enshrines FUkurokuji, one of shichi-fukujin.



I walked through Nishi-Nippori and Nippori area.







I visited Seiunji Temple (enshrines Ebisu), Shushoin Temple (enshrines Hotei), Tennoji Temple (enshrines Bishamon-ten) and Choanji Temple (enshrines Jurojin).




Pictures of Hotei were drawn on the walls of Shushoin Temple.









There is a slope called Fujimi-zaka near Nippori station. The slope is the last place in Tokyo where we can see whole scope of Mr. Fuji. The opportunity will be lost shortly as a new apartment is planned to be constructed.



I also walked in Yanaka cemetery, one of Tokyo’s largest cemeteries. I found Tokyo Sky Tree behind tomb stones.






I moved to Ueno area and visited Gokokuin Temple (snshrines Daikokuten) and Benten-do (enshrines Benzaiten).





No comments:

Post a Comment