2011-11-23

Meguro River Walk (2): Nov.20, 2011

















I had the 2nd part of my Meguro River Walk (Part 1 on Oct. 23). It was from Gotanda to Tokyo Bay.


I arrived in Osaki district after about 20-minutes walk. The district was re-developed in the late 1990s. Modern apartments as well as office buildings and commercial complexes spread in the area. I saw many families enjoying their holidays in the parks and other public spaces along the river side.





There are many factories and other industrial facilities in Osaki and Shinagawa areas. There scatter many Sony buildings.


There emerged temples and shrines as I approached the sea. I crossed Old Tokaido street about 500 meters before the sea line.

Several Artificial islands were developed at Meguro River’s mouth area. They include the Tennoz Island.  A police patrol boats moved through the canals.

No comments:

Post a Comment