2011-10-02

Korean town @ Okubo: Oct 2, 2011
































Tokyo has several foreigners’ towns. Okubo area has Tokyo's biggest Korean town. I visited theere.


Okubo area lies north of Shinjuku, Tokyo’s largest shopping and amusement area.


There are two main streets of Korean town – Shokuan-dori street and Okubo-dori street – and many small streets. About 70% (58 out of 85) of all food stores and restaurant at the two main streets were Korean (if my count is correct).




Most restaurants serve Korean BBQ. There are Korean food supermarkets, too. I saw girls made long queues at Korean-food takeout shops.

Video and CD shops are also popular. Korean actors and singers have became popular in the last decade in Japan.

Both Korean (1st -4th generations) and Japanese were there. I heard both Korean and Japanese languages when I walked the streets.









No comments:

Post a Comment