2011-02-26

Spring Flowers@ Kitazawa-river Walking Path: Feb. 26, 2011




















Spring at the corner and spring flowers began to open.
I walked green walking paths on the way to and from Hanegi Park to enjoy the Ume (Japanese plum) Festival. I found several spring flowers and plants.



They included:



Sasanqua: red flowers, evergreen tree)


Ume (Japanese plum): The impression is different when I see Ume in the parks and in the paths.


Pansy: I found the flower in many flowerbeds in the walking paths.



Cherry: There are special cherry trees which open their flowers earlier than usual cherry in front of Yamashita Station of the Setagaya Line. I enjoyed cherry blossom.



Turip trees: They do not yet have the leaves. New buds are growing.





Kitazawa-river walking path runs in the Shimokitazawa and Umegaoka area. Small creek flows along the path. A white egret was walking in the creek. Flowers were beautiful.

There are temples and shrines along the path.

I often visit a small temple called “Enjo-in” along Kitazawa-river walking path. The garden is well arranged. There is a small pond in the garden and carp swim in it. There are red and white Ume (Japanese plum) trees there. They grow lotus in the pots.

I also visited Ringenji temple and Kitazawa Shrine today. I found various signs of spring there.

No comments:

Post a Comment