2010-11-03

Harvest Festival @Nodai: Oct. 31, 2010















I visited the Harvest Festival of Nodai (Tokyo University of Agriculture) again. I visited it on the same day (October 31th) last year.

There were many open-air stalls. They sold vegetables, fruits, flowers and other agricultural products. Some of them were from local villages where the university has its fields.

I bought a piece of tree trunk in which the seeds of Shiitake mushroom were planted. I will pick up some mushrooms in a few months if I am lucky.

I also visited the university’s coop store. Nodai brand Japanese sake, rice cakes and other products were sold.

English learning and job hunting books were popular in the book corner. There were many biology and agriculture-related books, too. Packs of organic rice were also sold.

The reputation of the university is getting better and the university is expanding its activities. Bio-technology and environment boom is behind the moves. I found a new building under construction.

Map: Tokyo University of Agriculture

No comments:

Post a Comment