2011-10-29

Tokyo Bay Walk (2) Haneda-Oi: Oct. 29, 2011

















I had the 2nd part of my Tokyo Bay Walk today. It was from Haneda to Oi.


Tokyo International Airport is built on an artificial island in Haneda. The airport faces the mouth of the Tamagawa River. The opposite side of the river is Kawasaki City, Kanagawa Prefecture.

I saw people enjoy fishing in the river. Airplanes landed every 1-3 minutes over the anglers.


We are allowed to walk only limited places around the airport. Highways as well as railways and monorail run around and under the airport. There are many office buildings and aviation related facilities, but few shops and houses here.


I moved to Morigasaki district. There are sewerage disposal plants (the west plant is in Omori Minami while the east plant is in Showa-jima island). The sewage from houses and factories in western Tokyo (about 25% of all Tokyo) is disposed here. The picture is taken by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and is open to the public.


I walked along the canal side and passed many artificial islands. They included Showa-ji island, Keihin-jima island and Heiwa-jima island.







I found several water gates. I also saw many anglers and walkers. There stood hige warehouses along the canals.


Map: Haneda

No comments:

Post a Comment